I’ve been working with AWS for 10 years now and love it more than ever! About four years ago when I first learned of AWS Certifications I went right out and took the Architecting on AWS Associates exam and was able to pass it the first time. When it came time to re-certify a couple years later I went in a little unprepared and barely missed passing so I started looking for some help.
That’s when I found, “AWS Certified Solutions Architect Official Study Guide: Associate Exam.” I got it and read through for the next few weeks brushing up on many topics I already knew, but also learning a lot of new material.
In this the authors do a great job of explaining the following topics and it will definitely help prepare you for the exam!
- Mapping Multi-Tier Architectures to AWS Services, such as web/app servers, firewalls, caches and load balancers
- Understanding managed RDBMS through AWS RDS (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, Aurora)
- Understanding Loose Coupling and Stateless Systems
- Comparing Different Consistency Models in AWS Services
- Understanding how AWS CloudFront can make your application more cost efficient, faster and secure
- Implementing Route tables, Access Control Lists, Firewalls, NAT, and DNS
- Applying AWS Security Features along with traditional Information and Application Security
- Using Compute, Networking, Storage, and Database AWS services
- Architecting Large Scale Distributed Systems
- Understanding of Elasticity and Scalability Concepts
- Understanding of Network Technologies Relating to AWS
- Deploying and Managing Services with tools such as CloudFormation, OpsWorks and Elastic Beanstalk.