Previously I wrote about things I liked, didn’t like and a few suggestions about my Droid X. Here are some more suggestions – things that would make this pretty great phone that much better.
- Enable copying phone numbers, email addresses, etc. directly from contact screen. Currently I have to edit the contact to be able to copy any info from the contact.
- Preserve position in contact list. Can’t remember exact circumstances right now but there are some times when if you scroll down to a contact, open it, then go back the list isn’t at the point you were previously, rather it goes back to the top of the list. UPDATE: I found at least one case where this happens: when in the contacts list from the phone app if you scroll down to a contact, open it, then close it takes you back to the top of the contact list.
- Under recent calls give me the ability to clear just missed calls, or other. Currently it’s all or nothing. Tonight I wanted to clear my recent calls (only) and was forced to clear the whole list, which didn’t make me very happy.
- In the Android Market give me the ability to flag an app, or add it to a “favorites” list. Often I find apps which I may not want to install right at the moment, but have no easy way to flag, tag or otherwise remember.
- Give me more control over the screen lock/unlock. Namely I want to have maybe a 20-30 minute delay before the screen locks (requiring pattern, pin or password to unlock), but also the ability to manually lock the screen, say with a quick press of the power button.
- Give me the ability to add third-party app shortcuts to the Messaging folder/app.
- Front-facing camera. I know it’ll never happen on my phone, but. . . .